2008-10-06

jago re!

Many moons ago when I first saw the 'jago re' ad for a tea; I was impressed. I appreciated the creativity in the ad, the message being conveyed and the manner in which it was conveyed. Yesterday, I saw the second 'Jago re' ad and I immediately fell in love with it; not just for the creativity but mainly for the purport behind it. I consider it to be an extremely thought provoking ad- the provocation coming more from the behaviour of the people interacting. I do not remember which tea was being advertised and I do not consider this a failure on the part of the advertising team. On the other hand, this is a brilliant way to arouse the peoples of India toward their stagnating present and bleak future.

It is already late and we all need to wake up real fast- there is too much violence in the name of religion and too much discrimination in the name of caste. India seems to be regressing especially since we are breaking it up geographically and politically. Not long ago, MP, UP and Bihar were divided creating three more states. If this divisive process continues and the centre buckles to the clamoring of the secessionists then India will soon be back at the point in time when Sardar Vallabhai Patel was trying to unify the 565 provinces in post-independent India and pave way to a unified nation

I think the youth need to shift their focus to politics; educated youth should join mainstream politics. We have seen enough bumbling babus and party politics. The politicians seem to content themselves protecting their party rather than their country- blaming each other whether there is social unrest, violence perpetrated by antisocial elements, party workers going berserk or a small incident resulting in loss of life of an individual due to negligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment