2008-10-04

soft drinks?

Every time I see someone with a parched throat they go for a soft-drink that unfortunately is neither soft on the body nor does it quench thirst. It is surprising how the 'soft-drink' or 'soda' or 'pop' as it is known elsewhere, has slowly spread its tentacles and become an integral part of most peoples' lives. Even more surprising is the nonchalance you receive if you question the drinker about it. Most soft-drinkers connect with it rather than the real fluid that constitutes almost 70% of our body - WATER.

As if to testify the stupendous stupidity of the people, we have companies that spend billions on churning gallons, of this sweet poison, by the second. There is more to it - Our great celebrities, most of who are worshipped by the masses, provide that stamp of certification on these products that eat away our insides. They only prove that being a celebrity does not exclude them from being stupid. However, the bigger problem is that they insult our intelligence. They look stupid when they drink on screen, and worse, I pity the people who think - 'If XYZ is drinking or endorsing it, it must be good'. I do not want to question their values because most of us, in this world, have committed mistakes in our lives. What happened to our own faculty of thinking, questioning and discrimination ? I guess we flushed it down the toilet. I guess we do not want to wake up and see the mess we are getting into; which reminds me - Ignorance is Bliss.


Note : Just so my brethren understand me, I am no hypocrite because I dislike being one. I too was caught up in the tentacles of "soft-drinks", when, I was in the US and I chugged gallons of this sweet liquid. After 5 years, when I came back to India, I realized that my body had become weaker because of all those drinks. Yes, they had made my body soft. This article is just an outburst of my system after I abused it for some time with these so called soft-drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment